Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Quick and Easy Fabric Wall Decoration with Claudia Harvey

Hello everyone. Claudia here. I'm so excited to share another fabric project with you today. I just love Samantha's Serenata Collection! If you remember, I created these memo boards/wall decorations last month. I realized that not everyone has an Ikea nearby; which is where I bought the little round cork boards. So, I just had to create something using the next best thing... Fabric Hoops! You can find these at just about any craft and hobby store; even Walmart. Honestly, it gave me another excuse to play with Samantha's fabric.

These are the supplies I used:
First thing I did was fit the fabric to the hoops; then pulled the fabric to position it where I wanted it, and tightened it.

Then I turned the hoop over and trimmed the fabric, leaving it about 1/2 inch wider than the hoop; if you leave it any longer, it might look like the fabric is poking through the front when it is hanging. I may or may not have learned that the hard way.
Then simply fold over, and glue. Because this is wood, you can use just about any glue; however, I find that the hot glue dries really quick, so I barely have to press on it to hold before moving on.

Finally just position the Command hooks where you want and done!
Quick and easy!
I think I did this project in about 30 minutes. I think it took me longer to photograph that wall; my house does not have enough natural lighting.

Fabric has taken on a whole new meaning for me. I can't use a sewing machine to save my life; but with projects like this... I don't have to! I can make fabric hoops to match any season. These make such a fun and unique gift too!

Until next time.

Lots of happy hugs,


1 comment:

  1. Woww!!! This is something really easy and simple way of wall decoration. I have some hoops as I love Embroidering. I will try it for my bedroom area. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Without your readership, I wouldn't be doing a blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...