Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Halloween Box and Card Gift Tutorial by Diana


Hello! Diana Fisher here with you today. I'm sharing a Halloween gift box and card I made using Silhouette files created by Samantha Walker. You can find the files I used in the Silhouette store here, here and here.

First, for the gift box, I cut it from a 12x12 sheet of black card stock. It was so easy to fold together with the tabs that interlock — no glue needed! 


To assemble the top of the box, the little bones match together and then slide through the slits in the skull and cross bones graphic. 


I wanted to decorate the gift box using some washi tape and also a skulls border from Samantha Walker. The border needed to be a bit longer and thinner than what was originally offered in the download, so I edited it a bit.


You can see in the screen shot above that I duplicated the graphic and put them end to end. Once they were overlapping exactly where I wanted, I selected both pieces and then did a weld modify on them. 


Once I had the final cut on the border, I glued it onto the box between the two strips of washi tape I had already put on. 


I also made a small card to go with the gift. I cut the decorative owl file on the Cameo in the same black card stock as the box.  


I used a foam adhesive ring to pop the embellishment up off the card and cut a piece of clear plastic to fit inside. Once filled with sequins, I adhered it to the white card base.


There you have it! I hope you'll look to your Silhouette (and Samantha Walker files!) when you go to make your projects for Halloween.

Products (or equivalents) used to make this project:

Get Amazon Prime Membership! Enjoy Free 2-day Shipping on Prime products, plus access to Free digital content like videos, books, and more!

No comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Without your readership, I wouldn't be doing a blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...