Ads 468x60px

Friday, November 02, 2012

Snowman Advent Print and Cut Tutorial by Joscelyne Cutchens

Hello Friends, Joscie here to share with you a new print and cut design from Samantha Walker!  This super cute snowman advent calendar is perfect for helping kids count down the days until Christmas! I am working on an original silhouette and a standard printer, so my size limit is 8.5 x 11 paper. Feel free to click any of these images for a larger view. You can purchase this file in these formats: 
Snowman Advent in SVG format from digiplayground.com
Snowman Advent in .studio format from Silhouette
Here's how I made it:
  • I opened the file in my silhouette software and ungrouped all the elements.
  • I set the paper size to 8.5 x 11 and turned on the print registration marks setting.
  • I selected all elements and resized together until the snowman face and cut lines fit inside the print/cut area.
  • I printed the snowman face on my printer on white cardstock.
  • I placed the printed sheet on the carrier mat and loaded into the silhouette.
  • Press cut, voila, snowman face. :)
  • Select items that you want to be the same color and place in the cutting area








  • I used foam adhesive to pop some layers.




  • I used an orange mini brad to connect the carrot nose/pointer.



I also added some crystal effects to the holly leaves and berries to add a little shine. Voila! Snowman :)


I hope you will give the print and cut a try!
Love Love and Blog you Later,
Joscie, rhymes with bossy :)

*******
Be sure to check out the Silhouette Store for more Advent Calendars:






3 comments:

  1. Oh my...this turned out so cute! Nice tutorial Joscelyne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just totally love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Santa advent calendar but woukld love to see a tutorial on how to assemble the blocks holder part, I can't figure out what parts to glue after I fold everything that is scored! aahhh!
    I looked everywhere for a tut and nothing...
    Super cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Without your readership, I wouldn't be doing a blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...