Hello Friends, this is Joscelyne Cutchens checking in again with another Digital Tutorial. I use Photoshop CS5 on a mac, but you should be able to use the same directions with PSE or a PC.
Here is the layout I will be sharing with you:
Fonts: dirty headline, Futura Light.
click for each point of the banner, double click to close the selection.
pc: Ctrl- d
Tips for the title work
- Dirty Headline is a paint stamp looking font sample the text color from a patterned paper to get a perfectly coordinated colored title.
- adjust the opacity of the font layer (I used 80%).
- Stack the letters. Type a syllable, return, syllable, return until the whole word is typed out.
- Perfect sized title for the space: select the whole word and adjust font size until the longest syllable takes up almost the whole width of your text area. Now adjust spacing between the lines until the letters just touch.( I used font size 145 pt, spacing 113 pt)
- You can also make your title multicolored by selecting certain portions of the title and adjusting the color as I did in my Sea Life Park layout.
I hope this gives you ideas for new digital layouts! If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments and I'll do my best to get you an answer.
Thanks for stopping by!
Joscie, rhymes with bossy :)