Ads 468x60px

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Summertime Bookmarks by Diana


Hello! Diana Fisher here with you today. I don't know about you, but something about summertime calls for a paper book. The other nine months out of the year I am all set with my Kindle, but in the sun, I want paper. 

Since I don't always read paperbacks, I didn't have a bookmark last month when I stocked up on books. I've been using a Travis Hafner Cleveland Indians baseball card to keep my page. Obviously loaned to me by my eight-year-old son.


Today I decided no more baseball card (sorry, Travis). Using the perfect summer collection, Summer Lovin' from Carta Bella by Samantha Walker, I whipped up these three bookmarks for my summer reading. (Yes, three. I tend to read more than one at a time, and I will also lose one at some point.)


To get started, I gathered my trimmer, a tag punch, twine and the Summer Lovin' papers and stickers. If you do not have a tag punch, you can also use a regular hole punch (as seen above).

I started with a two inch wide strip cut from a piece of scrap paper. Because I chose a piece of scrap paper, the length ended up being 6.75".  It is up to you how long you would want your bookmark to be.

After I had the bookmarks cut, I started layering stickers and designs onto my bookmarks. At the end, I threaded the hole at the top with twine.


At first I loved the flamingo, but the more I worked with them, I am loving the green one in the middle. The one on the end is perfect for camping reading, I think.


Thanks for stopping today to see my bookmark tutorial. What a great way to use your scrap paper and those stickers that might never make it onto a layout. 



No comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Without your readership, I wouldn't be doing a blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...