I feel like one "Lucky" gal to be sharing this tutorial on the Samantha Walker blog today!
Speaking of being "Lucky", I wanted to make a gift bag for friend and the Clover Bag Topper was just the right accent that I needed to make this gift a little extra special.
To begin you will need:
- Plain cardstock and a coordinating patterned paper
- Double Sided Adhesive Sheet
- Clover Bag Topper
You will first want to make an offset image of the Clover Bag Topper file.
To do this, watch the instructions in this video.
How to assemble your Clover Bag Topper
1. Cut the Offset topper from solid cardstock and the original from patterned paper. Using the clover from the patterned paper as a template, freehand cut a clover from the Double Sided Adhesive sheet. You can also create an offset of the clover and use your machine to cut the image.
2. Cut apart the patterned paper topper on the fold line. Add the clover that you cut from the adhesive sheet to the back side of the patterned clover so that the adhesive is exposed through the front of the image.
3. Sprinkle glitter over the exposed adhesive making sure the entire surface is covered. Brush off the excess.
4.Apply adhesive to the back sides of each piece of the patterned paper toppers. Align over the solid colored topper making sure to provide an even margin on all sides.
Their are many ways to attach the topper:
- Staple it to your bag
- Punch holes in the top and add a ribbon handle
- Use brads
- Cut a slit along the top fold line just wide enough to allow the handles to slip through (this was the method I used for my project)
Use the extra clover and cut out one or two more (like I did) to embellish the bag.
Have a happy St. Patrick's Day!