Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Fruit Cup Wrapper Tutorial by Maya

Craftsy

Hello Samantha Walker fans! I can't believe that 2013 is coming to an end. My kids have 4 more days of school left and my son's kindergarten class is getting ready for the holiday party on Friday. I was asked to bring fruit and I was thinking how to make the presentation a little more festive than the usual fruit tray. Samantha's Snowflake Cupcake Wrapper to the rescue!




I opened the snowflake wrapper cut file in the software and enlarged the shape to 105% of the original size. This size fits perfectly the 9oz crystal cut cups that I used.
This is the enlarged shape showing it's final size.




To make the little flags for the forks I used Samantha's Snowman Cupcake Wrapper. I ungrouped the shape and deleted everything except the letters. After that I drew a simple flag around the letters, grouped everything together and resized it to the size I wanted.
I was able to cut 5 wrappers and 6 flags from one 12x12 sheet of thin glitter cardstock.

I glued the wrappers to the cups by adding adhesive under the overlapping edges.

Ready for the party!

The flags are wrapped around the forks and  secured with 2 glue dots.

Tip: save the tiny stars from the snowflake centers. They make perfect confetti to sprinkle around.

I hope I inspired you to think outside the shape and see that each shape can be used in may different ways.
Happy Holidays!
Supplies that can be used to recreate this project:

No comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Without your readership, I wouldn't be doing a blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...