Hi there! Karen here, and I have a Mother's Day project to share with you today! I thought I'd show you how to quickly decorate one of Samantha's NEW 'gorgeous' 3D Silhouette box dies! There are lots of 3d dies to choose from, but this one truly caught my eye with all the heart cut-outs!
It's quick and simple to decorate, and it surely makes for a wonderful presentation and great way to tuck a sweet gift inside! Look at all those hearts!! So, let's get started...
1. Choose three different colors of card stock (for suitcase, flower, and leaves). I chose to work with a heavier card stock to give weight to the suitcase.
2. Using your Silhouette Die Cutting Machine, cut these files from your card stock:
Hint: I use this setting, when using heavier card stock: Speed - 3; Thickness - 33; Blade - 3
3. Assemble the 3d heart suitcase. Set aside.
4. Assemble the 3d layering flower. Add a beautiful brad (or button, gem, whatever) to the center! Adhere the flower to the suitcase.
5. Tuck, fold leaves using your fingers, and adhere the stems beneath the layered flower! You'll notice I've added a small chain and key that I thought would really compliment this sturdy heart suitcase!!
Your're all set! Just need to fill this beauty up with a sweet gift for that someone special!! Personally, I'd like to see a piece of Brighton jewelry in there! What do you think?
Be sure to check out the rest of the Samantha's Silhouette die cutting files in the Silhouette on-line store because there are new files being added all the time!
Have a fabulous day!
Hugs & Smiles,