Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Doily Card Tutorial by Maya

Hi everyone! This is Maya, sharing a doily card tutorial with you!

I used the Samantha Walker Doily Card cut file from the Silhouette Online store. I love the graphic and clean design. It looks great just matted with colored cardstock or patterned paper but I decided to do something else.


I resized the card by changing the width to 5" and locking the aspect ratio. 


After I cut the design from white cardstock I removed the card from the cutting mat and was left with beautiful petals still stuck to the mat..


I colored three rows of "petals" with Faber-Castell markers. It was quick and easy job since all pieces were stuck to the mat and didn't move. 

Ah, pretty!



I cut a 5"x10" piece of colored cardstock, scored it in the middle and adhered to the inside of the card. After that I carefully peeled the colored pieces from the mat and adhered them to their original places.



Small jewel in the center finished this simple and elegant card.


I had fun coloring and putting these cards together. It reminded  me mosaic tiles game from my childhood. Now I want to make one in every color of the rainbow.

Thanks for joining me!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Maya, I love the technique you have used here on your doily card, the finished card looks amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    Michelle E xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to say BEAUTIFULL thanks for the great ideas! Tessa~~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the doily design. Great tip. Will use it often as I design my cards. Thanks.

    Dianne Bell - Sewpro02@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Without your readership, I wouldn't be doing a blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...