Ads 468x60px

Friday, April 20, 2012

Stencil Tutorial by Eva Dobilas

Hi there, this is Eva today and I have a fun card to share with you.  I decided to pull out Samantha's Creative Imaginations Stencils and used them with Creative Imaginations Luminarte Radiant Rain Shimmering Mists.  Here is my finished card, where I also used Samantha's beautiful Spellbinders Antique Frame and Accents and the sentiment came from her Unity Stamps Co. stamp set called Emcompassed Grace.


So first I started with my background piece, and I cut a 5.25" x 5.25" piece of white card stock, laid my stencil on it and sprayed it with the mist.


And here is what it looks like after removing the stencil.  I distressed my edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, which is my to go distress color and I actually used that on all the pieces.


Here is the heart stencil I used.


And here is the beautiful pattern showing off, after I pulled off the stencil.  Once it dried, I cut the image out with decorative scissors.


Finally I used this beautiful stencil to spray.


And here is what it looks like.  Once again, I cut out the shape, as that is what I wanted to use.


Finally, here is the close up of my finished card.  I added some twine and a pretty Petaloo flower with leaf and some pretty Creative Imaginations bling.  


Hope you enjoyed this little walk through on how I created my card using Samantha's beautiful products.  Have you tried her stencils??



Be sure to check out more of Eva's work by visiting her blog, For the Love of Life

4 comments:

  1. incredible tutorial, Eva!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful sweet Eva! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project & fab tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eva...your cards are so amazing! I am glad you showed us how you did this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Without your readership, I wouldn't be doing a blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...