The doorbell rang. On my front porch was a young man and before he even opened his mouth I knew he was going to try and sale me something. This is the third one in the last few weeks. As I kindly tried to tell him I wasn't interested and shut the door, he mumbled something under his breath. That was the last straw.
The next day I got to work on a no soliciting sign using
Samantha's super cute build your own no soliciting sign.
I started with this board I have had for quite awhile that I never put to use for a different project. I applied two coats using some left over paint from our bedroom - Rainwashed by Sherwin Williams.
Once dry I used some sandpaper on the edges. I didn't go crazy with the distressing, just a bit around the edges and corners.
I opened the file in the Silhouette program and ungrouped the files to get the arrangement I wanted.
I then filled the different elements with the paint bucket with the colors I had planned to use. I like to do this so it's easier to select the different elements in the cut styles menu.
My board top is roughly 12"x 5". I stretched the design a little width wise to fit my board better.
I also added two small squares on the top of each corner and cut these out with each color of vinyl. I used these squares when laying the vinyl to help line up the layers easier.
I used clear contact paper in place of transfer tape. It makes it easier when trying to lay the squares on top of each other.
Here are all three layers together.
I then placed it on my board and burnished the top with a bone folder.
I decided to add this to my flower plant in front and after looking around found a couple of small dowels. I painted and hot glued them to each other and then to the back of my sign.
Here is a look at my finished sign in my flower pot. I love the classy look of the sign and hope it keeps the unwanted sales people away.
Thanks for stopping by the blog today! Happy Crafting, Nicole