Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Stencil Material using Samantha's Shapes

Have you ever tried Silhouette's new Stencil Material?  If not, you are in for a treat!  Guiseppa here and I want to show you how easy it is to use with Samantha's Silhouette Shapes to create your own stencils from Silhouette Shapes!.


Open up our Silhouette Software and select your shape.  I chose Samantha's Fancy Frame.  




Next, I made my shape larger to fit my whole page.  You can either click on the image and drag the corners until you reach your desired size or use the Scale Window and change the dimensions there.  


Now, cut the amount of Stencil Material you want to use.  I chose 12 x 12 because of the shape I picked.  Next, I laid it down on my cutting mat with the glossy side up, paper side down and loaded it into my Cameo.


I then selected the cut icon and picked Stencil Material in my material type window.  Adjust your blade, hit send to Silhouette and watch it cut.


Now, peel off.  Be careful when doing so, so that you don't tear the stencil.  


Lay your stencil down on your paper and simply mist.  The Stencil Material has an adhesive back, making nice to keep in place on your layout.  



This is what my projected ended up looking like.  I wanted to something a little different, so I cut out the center of my stenciled image.





I also used Samantha's Summer Lovin' Collection from Carta Bella!  Thanks for stopping by and give the Stencil Material a try.  Samantha has so many fun shapes in the Silhouette Store that would make wonderful stencils!

No comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Without your readership, I wouldn't be doing a blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...