Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Sugar and Spice with Guiseppa

Happy Tuesday...Guiseppa here and I am excited to share with you a different way to use some of Samantha's newest Silhouette files.

I love the new 12 Inch Doily Border Sets.  So, let me show you what I did with them.  This is the end result. The sets come as doilies and borders.  I took the borders and made them into a flower center and the doily became the flower.  Let's get started!


Chose the doily set you would like to use.  Samantha has several of them in the Silhouette Store.  I used the 12 Inch Doily Border Set Bell Edge.  If you have a hard time seeing the images of the pictures in the Silhouette software...just click on the image. 


Next, you want your doily to be smaller.  Click on the image and use the little boxes in the corners to make your doily smaller.


There are several doilies inside the largest one.  You will want to take those out.  So, right click and select ungroup.  Then you will be able to move the smaller doilies from the inside of the largest one.  


Remove the doilies and borders you don't want to cut right now.


Cut our your first doily


Next, pick out which one of the borders you would like to be used with your doily and remove the rest from the page.  Go ahead and make your border larger by repeating the same steps as above.  Mine is around nine inches long and just under one inch in width.  I did end up cutting two out to make my flower more dimensional.   



Snip in between the scallops of the border.


Fold back the scallops.


Curl your border like this until the border is all curled then adhere it the border to a piece of circular paper. This will ensure that your flower border will stay together.  Manipulate the border flower to your liking.


Glue your border piece to your doily.  This is what mine ended up looking like.  I made mine tight.



I cut more of the doilies out to embellish my layout.





Love this cute title?  This is Samantha's 'Sugar and Spice' Word Phrase!


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial.

No comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Without your readership, I wouldn't be doing a blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...