Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Easter Box Silhouette Tutorial by Guiseppa Gubler

Hey all...happy Tuesday!  Guiseppa here to share with you a quick and easy tutorial using Samantha's Burger Box cut I know what you are thinking...Burger Box?  Well, I decided not to actually put a burger in the box, but to use it as a little gift box.  Let's get started.

First off, I selected this box from my library and arranged it where I wanted it to be on my paper.


I then cut it.  For heavy or textured cardstock you will want to have your blade setting on 5 and then click on double cut.  This is what it looked like after I cut it out.


So that I could easily put this box together, I folded on all of the perforated lines. 


Now you will want to tuck all of little notches into the slots.  Add a little glue or double sided tape to each notch to make sure the box stays together.



It should look like this when you are finished putting it together.


But wait!!! We aren't finished!  Let's embellish!  I chose Samantha's Happy Easter title.


Now, I re sized this title to fit on the box.  I sized mine down to 2.75 x 2.75 inches.  Cut it out on the same setting as you did the box if you are using a heavy or textured cardstock.


Here is mine after it was cut out.


Next, you will want to adhere it to your box.  I love dimension so i used foam adhesive, but you can adhere it down with whatever you would like to use.


Looks good huh, but don't you want more?  Let's add one of Samantha's cute Spiral Flower cuts.


I re sized this cut as well because I knew the flower would end up being too big.  I sized mine down to 3.30 x 3.00 inches and it was perfect.  Once again...cut it out using the same settings as before.



Now time to make that flower beautiful.  I used the Petal Roller form Imaginisce, but you can use your fingers or tweezers.  I rolled mine from the outside in and then glued the bottom of it so it stayed together.


Look how cute it turned out.  Now, for some treats!


I added a little bit of paper grass and some Reese's Peanut Buttercup Eggs...mmmm.   


What fun little Easter gift for a school teacher, friend or neighbor.  I hope I have given you some ideas and possibly inspired you to turn on the Silhouette and get crafty with some of Samantha's amazing cuts . You can check out Samantha's Silhouette Portfolio HERE.  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. looks great,
    TFS this idea
    hugs hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Without your readership, I wouldn't be doing a blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...