Ads 468x60px

Saturday, March 23, 2013

8x8 Hybrid Wall Hanging by Susie Moore

Good Morning!  Susie with you today sharing a 
tutorial for making my 8x8 Hybrid wall hanging:


The kit with which I am working is the Sweet Flower Mega Kit which was released yesterday and is on sale at JessicaSprague through the weekend.  It is a super sweet kit with soft papers, so many great elements and TWO alphas!  A totally awesome value!


I set up an 8x8 background in Photoshop Elements and completely built my layout as if I were making a fully digital layout.  This is how it looked before printing it out on an 8.5x11 piece of textured cardstock.


I could have just added a photo to the layout and called it done, but I really wanted to add dimension and also be able to change out photos as I got new ones of our precious granddaughter, Izzy.

I mounted this layout to a sturdy 8x8 piece of chipboard and added two small holes on the top corners so I could hang it later.  I sanded all the edges before I proceeded to the next step.

My next step was to print the elements I wanted to add onto the top of this layout.  At first I thought I wanted to cut out the flower too, but in the end, I opted for another idea.  Here's a look at my print file:


I cut out everything except the flower and layered the pieces directly onto my original layout.  I used pop dots behind each piece to lift them off my canvas.

I added a paper flower and a brad, pearls and twine to finish off my canvas.

Next I printed the picture I wanted to use and held my breath.  YES - it fit perfectly behind the dimensional elements.  Now I can change it out whenever I want.  No adhesive at all!

I had a blast making this.  Digital elements can be used for home decor too!  Try it and see.








No comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Without your readership, I wouldn't be doing a blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...