Ads 468x60px

Friday, July 13, 2012

Simple Belly Band Card Tutorial by Jennifer

I couldn't help but laugh when I heard that the name of a label that wraps around the body of a card was called a "belly band." The only belly bands I have ever heard of were the ones I wore pregnant with my son. So, it was kind of ironic that after laughing about it, I went and made one. Ha!


Samantha Walker's paper, stickers, and dies work perfectly together to make stunning belly bands. To create this one do the following:


1. Cut a piece of paper to fit the front of a pre-made card. This one is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Glue it to the front of your card.

2. Cut a strip of paper 11" x 2". This will become your belly band. Fold it around your card to make sure it fits and glue the ends together where they meet. Mine overlapped by two inches.

3. Die cut a labels from Samantha Walker's Ornate Artisan Tags and Accents. I used patterned paper for the large tag and cardstock for the smaller ones. Layer them on the front of your belly band.


5. Place your belly band on the card and then use a pearl paint pen to add pearls around the large label and sticker. This is a perfect alternative to using pearl stickers as it would take a whole package do do a card like this one!


Supplies:



*****

Be sure to get in on all the fun at our Blog Hop!
Open between 12:01am July 11th and 11:59 pm July 15th, 2012. 

5 comments:

  1. Jennifer...this cards is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure have a great imagination! I am not creative at all. I am a new follower from Rome. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love how you made this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Without your readership, I wouldn't be doing a blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...