I couldn't help but laugh when I heard that the name of a label that wraps around the body of a card was called a "belly band." The only belly bands I have ever heard of were the ones I wore pregnant with my son. So, it was kind of ironic that after laughing about it, I went and made one. Ha!
Samantha Walker's paper, stickers, and dies work perfectly together to make stunning belly bands. To create this one do the following:
1. Cut a piece of paper to fit the front of a pre-made card. This one is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Glue it to the front of your card.
2. Cut a strip of paper 11" x 2". This will become your belly band. Fold it around your card to make sure it fits and glue the ends together where they meet. Mine overlapped by two inches.
3. Die cut a labels from Samantha Walker's Ornate Artisan Tags and Accents. I used patterned paper for the large tag and cardstock for the smaller ones. Layer them on the front of your belly band.
4. Add a sticker from Samantha Walker's Tea Party Sticker Sheet for Creative Imaginations.
5. Place your belly band on the card and then use a pearl paint pen to add pearls around the large label and sticker. This is a perfect alternative to using pearl stickers as it would take a whole package do do a card like this one!
Be sure to get in on all the fun at our Blog Hop!
Open between 12:01am July 11th and 11:59 pm July 15th, 2012.