Ads 468x60px

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Spellbinders Blog Frenzy Day 4


The entry window for the
Spellbinders Paper Arts contest on this blog has ended.
Don't forget that you still have time to enter
at the blogs listed on the Spellbinders blog. Thank you!
Welcome to the Fourth day of 
The Spellbinders Abilities and Beyond Blog Frenzy!  




Spellbinders™ Paper Arts is absolutely thrilled to bring you our largest product releases ever! These new collections are some of the most innovative and beautiful die cutting and embossing templates in the world! The Spellbinders Abilities and Beyond Blog Frenzy allows you a sneak peek of our introductions for the 2012 Winter Craft and Hobby Association trade show later this month. 


Win today’s new Spellbinders products! 

Be eligible to win the Grand Prize by entering each day, see the schedule below!

Enter my Blog Frenzy from 12:00 am Eastern Standard Time (EST) January 15, 2012 until 11:59 pm (EST) January 16, 2012.

Today’s participating Blog Frenzy includes my blog

You can enter yesterday’s blogs, Shanna VineyardKazan Clark and Tonya Dirk through January 15, 2012 at 11:59 pm EST.

See the Spellbinders Blog for the complete schedule of designers and contest rules.

Thank you Spellbinders Paper Arts for sponsoring this contest!

Here are the new dies I introduced:
S5-083 Antique Frame and Accents
MSRP: $29.99
PRODUCT SIZES:
Border: 9 x 3/4"
Frame: 3 x 4 ¼" inside opening: 1 ½ x 2 1/8"
Tag: 1 ½ x 3"
Corner SM: 1 3/8 x 5/8"
Corner LG: 1 ¾ x 7/8"
Flower: 1 ½ x 1 ½"
Scroll: 1 1/8 x 1 1/8"

S5-082 Nautical Frame and Accents
MSRP: $29.99
PRODUCT SIZES:

Border: 9 x 5/8"
Frame: 3 ½ x 2 ½" inside opening: 3 x 2"
Swirls: 2 ¼ x 1 3/8"
Ribbon: 3 ¼ x 1/2"
Starfish: 1"
Sand Dollar: 7/8"
Shell: 1 ¼ x ½"
Anchor: 1 1/8 x 1 ¼"
Lighthouse: 1 ¼ x 2 ½"


I'm so glad that you took the time to stop by my blog frenzy! 
I've been busy working on some FUN projects for you with my NEW DIES! 

First of all...

I love saying that...

"MY NEW DIES"

because I am beyond thrilled to be teaming up with Spellbinders to create dies!

This is an amazing company to work with, full of innovative ideas, a true love for creating. Even more importantly, a desire to bless others with the ability to create with their beautiful well-thought-out products. I feel their warmth and want you to know how much heart and soul they put into everything they produce. 


This is my second release with them which I am excited to present to you today. 



I've got two sets that are about as drastically different from each other than you can get. Nautical themed, and a baroque Antique themed set. They are both frame and accent sets which are super for doing projects that require coordinating parts. One of my favorite things about them is that the coordinate perfectly with my two new (Winter CHA 2012) paper sets I have coming out with Creative Imaginations. Nautical, and Tea Party (you can view a sneak peek of the full Tea Party collection in the post below, and Nautical tomorrow). I used both paper collections in my projects so you can see how cute the dies work with the new papers.  


The first project was done in celebration of my daughter's birthday
in a few days...she's turning 6! 
In this coordinating ensemble, I've got a Birthday hat, card and present with tag to show you. 
For the birthday hat, I combined the frame with the border make a tiara around the party cone hat.

The coordinating card uses both of the corner accents from the Antique frame set.
The present in the background, uses the ornate topped tag from the set.
The coordinating paper and stickers are from my new paper set "Tea Party" from Creative Imagintions, you can read about that in the post below.

Here's what I did to create this ensemble...
First I arranged my dies on a sheet of thin metal (more like a really thick foil.) I used the A-Base Plate, then the dies, cut side facing up, foil, then the C-Cutting Plate, and fed the sandwich into the Spellbinders Grand Calibur® machine.  I used the border, the frame, the tag, and the two corner pieces. I arranged it to best utilize the space on the metal...I didn't want to waste any.  I love cutting this stuff because it cuts so clean!
Next I took my die cut shapes, while still in the dies, and placed the Tan Embossing Pad and B-Embossing Plate on top of them...
then ran the sandwich through my Spellbinders Grand Calibur® machine again.  
See how nicely that embossed...you can see that it's "puffy" through the spaces in the dies.
Then I carefully took everything out of the dies. 
See...metal is soooo pretty when cut and embossed.  Foil really lends itself to this project.
Then I set all of my pieces aside. 
Then I created a party hat pattern.  I just found the largest circle object in my house (this is a pizza stone) and I traced it on a sheet of white paper.  
I then cut it out and laid it on top of my patterned paper and traced the pattern.  I figured if I were to make a bunch of hats, I should have a pattern for all of them for consistency. Then after I cut it out, I curled it into a cone, taped the edge closed and set my hat piece aside.
Then I cut six strips of paper, 1 inch by 5 inches, and cut a fringe on one edge of each of them 
at about 3/8 of an inch intervals. 
The fringe when cut looks more like this...I ran my tape runner along the non-fringed edge and then layered on two more pieces.  I did two stacks of 3. 
Then I scrunched up the fringe with my fingers to create some fullness.
To make the frame crown, I traced the outer edge of the frame onto green card-stock, then cut it out. Then I attached the frame to the green card-stock that I just cut.
Next I layered in the butterfly, and wrote "birthday girl" inside of the frame. 
I attached the frame in the center of a 1 X 12 inch strip of green card-stock. 
Then I cut the gold border in half and attached it to the green border on both sides of the frame. 
Then I attached my fringe pieces underneath the green card-stock. 
Then at the bottom of the border I cut tiny little slits about 3/4 inch apart 
to give the crown piece some flexibility to enable it to easily wrap around my cone shaped hat.
Then on the back side of the crown, where I just cut the slits, I ran my tape runner along the bottom edge of the crown border piece, and carefully attached it all the way around my party hat.
In this picture, if you look carefully, you can see the little slits 
where I cut the bottom edge to give the crown some flexibility.  
The card from the ensemble, is simple understated elegance.  
Sometimes it doesn't take a lot to create a big impact. 
In this case, the ornate corner pieces embossed in gold foil make this card sing.
The card is simply one sheet of my 6X6 Tea Party collection papers that has been folded in half. 
The paper is already patterned with the layered borders at the top and the bottom...
so all I had to do was attach the accents I created with my dies, 
and a simple sticker that says "friend" in the center. 
Quick and easy!

My second project I used my Nautical set! 


I also used a few of my new Nautical collection papers and stickers from Creative Imaginations.
The rosette you see behind the sand castle frame 
is actually a flat sticker from my Nautical paper collection with clever shadowing 
to make it look dimensional. 
I cut the castle frame, the swirly water, and banner tag pieces out of glitter cardstock
to give the piece a sandy and glistening feel. 
Notice that I used both the positive and the negative pieces from the swirly border...
More on that in my next post.

But, you will have to come back tomorrow...
so mark my page, and or sign up for my e-mail updates in the upper right corner.
Then, I'll show you all my steps for this little photo collage frame.

Now for the good stuff about the Spellbinder Giveaway:

By entering the Spellbinders Abilities and Beyond Blog Frenzy you agree to the Official Rules. For questions on the Spellbinders Abilities and Beyond Blog Frenzy, send an email to contestquestions@spellbinders.us; no en tries will be accepted at this email address.
TO ENTER:
My blog is open for entries from 12:00 am, January 15, 2012, until 11:59 pm, January 16, 2012, EST.

1) Send your Blog Frenzy email entry to: Reveal13@spellbinders.us
(Yes, reveal #13 IS correct...you will be entered if you go to this e-mail address.)

2) The subject must be S5-082 Nautical Frame and Accents
and S5-083 Antique Frame and Accents
3) Send!
Be sure to visit all the Designers on their Blog Frenzy dates!

Daily winners will receive an email within 24 hours of the blog frenzy’s closing. The winners will have 72 hours to reply to that email to claim prize. If a winner fails to respond within 72 hours, a new winner will be drawn.

To be eligible for the Grand Prize, enter each and every Blog Frenzy within its designated time period, send your entries from the email address for each entry.  The Grand Prize has a retail value of over $1900 and includes the complete Spellbinders line of die cutting  and embossing templates released at the 2012 Winter CHA show, and a Spellbinders Grand Calibur® Die Cutting and Embossing Machine!

I love your comments! Unfortunately your comment does not count as an entry, so be sure to enter as stated above, and then leave a comment!

Thank you for visiting and good luck!!
To receive information and announcements from Spellbinders, sign up for the Newsletter and subscribe to the Spellbinders Blog. Find us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube and Pinterest. Thank You! 
Spellbinders and M-Bossabilities are trademarks of Spellbinders Paper Arts, llc.
Grand Calibur is a registered trademark of Spellbinders Paper Arts, llc.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...