Ads 468x60px

Friday, July 29, 2011

Introducing Orchard Harvest...CHA Summer 2011 release and coordinates!

I remember growing up with a harvest gold refrigerator.  It was actually quite fancy...it had an "in the door, water and ice dispenser" which was quite technology forward for the time.  I remember kids in my neighborhood had either russet brown or avocado refrigerators.  That specific color scheme was a product of the late 60's early 70's.  As we progressed into the 80's, we were quite turned off by these colors...as they just shouted "I'm dated."  By the time I reached college, most of the Avocado, russet, harvest gold and orange color schemes had gone by the wayside...until I opened the door to my sophomore apartment.  I was greeted by orange formica countertops and dark cabinetry.  It was very retro...but retro hadn't quite made a comeback yet.  As students we were less than thrilled. 

But you know how it goes...what comes around, goes around...and we've come full circle.  I've been inspired lately by retro color schemes...especially this particular one, and how it plays a roll in communicating Autumn. I've been loving the retro flashbacks we are seeing in home made knick knacks, and clothing. This draw to retro reminds me of happy carefree days of childhood, which makes me look at this color scheme from a different point of view.  I decided that it would be the perfect combination for my Orchard Harvest (Decadence) collection.  Although the colors are inspired by the 70's...I tried to give it an updated twist with updated shapes, and layering effects. I'm thrilled with the result, and now have to say that I am quite enamored by this color scheme once again.

This Fall, look for all the components of my Orchard Harvest collection available in different mediums through these manufacturers:

Orchard Harvest Scrapbook collection Creative Imaginations
Orchard Harvest 6X6 paper pad Creative Imaginations 

Orchard Harvest Epoxy Stickers Creative Imaginations

Orchard Harvest Cut Stencil and Emboss plates Spellbinders

Orchard Harvest Stamps Unity Stamp Company

Decadence Fabric Collection Riley Blake Fabrics
Pear Prints on Wood Rodworks (retail) VIP International Wholesale


8 comments:

  1. Stunning products and project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous collection, Samantha! I love it! And I'm so excited about the 6x6 paper pads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samantha, these are all FUN! Just signed on as a follower and will add you to my blog list too!

    Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the collection! I love the pears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM YUM YUM! Can't wait to get my hands on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Sam! This is absolutely beautiful. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Without your readership, I wouldn't be doing a blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...