Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

CHA 2011 Sneak Peek...Heidi Collection for Creative Imaginations!

The second sneak peek that I want to show you is a collection called Heidi, which was created for Creative Imaginations.  This collection was inspired by Scandinavian folk art with a modern retro twist. I love how in Scandinavian design the pictorial images in a design become a visually interesting pattern of their own--without necessarily knowing the subject matter from a distance. I tried to create a repeated pattern with individual images that made a visually interesting design when placed at various angles. The birds in this piece may not be recognizable as birds at first glance. They create an X pattern that is beautiful on its own.  At closer view, you can see that the pattern is made up of distinct image parts...the birds, the flowers, the leaves the hearts.  All together they make for a fun design up close or far away.  I also used this technique in creating my stripe pattern.  I arranged the flowers in rows to create a visual stripe.  When close up, you can see more of the individual flowers that make up the design.  




This collection has a sunny disposition to match any of your Spring layouts you may be doing this season. Enjoy the sunny palette with your Easter photos, and spring flower pictures. You won't want to miss the gorgeous layout created by Tanisha Long over on the Creative Imaginations blog.

Contest:
Leave a comment enter for a chance to win a fabric bundle. I will be giving away a bundle of fabric from one of my current lines of your choosing, from Riley Blake. Just leave a comment by February 3rd, and I will draw one lucky winner.  Leave a comment on the Creative Imaginations blog post about this collection, for an extra entry, and don't forget to click the "like" button up at the top if you like this line.

53 comments:

  1. So beautiful love the colors and patterns wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colors are fabulous..so I catching! A definate must have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this collection, cute colors and designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh...I just ADORE this collection....as Guiseppa said, it's a MUST HAVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm Scandinavian, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I LOVE THIS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reminds me of my Danish gma, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous colors. Love them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous colors and the designs are just to fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this line is sooo pretty!! I have a baby girl coming up soon.. Can imagine how nice it'll be to scrap baby gal photos with this line!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another beautiful line. Thanks for an opportunity.
    tabitha4cm at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!! I have a totally perfect project in mind with those papers. Oh and I'd LOVE to win some yummy fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful collection! Can't wait to see it in person. The colors are fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH.....this is SOOO BRIGHT AND CHEERY...in the midst of the snow driven winter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this design..it is my heritage....so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to win! What great prints.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous. LOVE The colors and the patterns are fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your work - I always get excited when you come across my newsfeed on Facebook :)
    jgabriel@shaw.ca

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such pretty patterns and colors thanks for the chance to win

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh that is gorgeous! I would love to win. Thanks for the chance!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Tina Moore9:43 AM MST

    I AM a sucker for spring colors and anything with hearts! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing colors and patterns! I do a lot of different types of crafts, and this would just be the sunniest thing around! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are absolutely gorgeous! I am getting ready to start a handbag business but mostly have fall and winter fabrics. This would be a GodSend to win! Thank you for the entry!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I visited the Creative Imaginations blog and left a comment under the Heidi collection reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  26. such a fun line!! the birdies totally popped to me and i LOVE them :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. This I love! Great colors and patterns!! Thank you for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a fabulous collection, perfect for those spring and summer projects, sooo pretty!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  29. So very sweet and bright! LOVING the bluebirds.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I swooned over the top one with the birds. That would make LOVELY fabric, too. hint hint hint...please?

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love this bundle !
    my fav designs !
    dey r so fun to work with
    hugs
    mallika

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love it =) Such vibrant fun colors =)

    ReplyDelete
  33. So cute! LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love it!! Such wonderful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is beautiful!! love the little flowers and the bright fun colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is super cute! Love the spring colors!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This sweet line just screams Spring to me. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Totally my kind of '70's sweet colors and designs.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Sweet! I love the Scandinavian influence. Doesn't hurt that I am Norwegian either. LOL Thanks for the chance to win. :D

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love the colours you've used in this line. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  41. So much fun, I love the bright happy colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. You've got so much inspiration for us all to use on our projects. Hugs Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  43. beautiful! the colors are exactly what we need in winter!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. The robins make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Beautiful line! Love the gorgeous colors and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  46. so spring like! Easter... yes! I love the colors. Thanks for the peek and giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  47. So bright and cheerful - great new collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love the Heidi Collection - hope it makes it to fabric also!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. LOVE the patterns in this line!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Without your readership, I wouldn't be doing a blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...