Ads 468x60px

Monday, November 29, 2010

Introducing Creative Team Member Nancy Doren

Today I have the pleasure of introducing you to creative team member Nancy Doren. Nancy's style is fun and youthful aways with a nice application of design principles. She is a scrapbooker, card maker, and all around creative crafter. One of my favorite things about Nancy's design work, is she knows how to balance her projects with resting space and detail always creating the right balance between the two.  
The first project I want to share is called 10 things I love about you. This is a great example of that space/detail juxtaposition. I love how the details of the layout are concentrated in the center third of her layout...then balanced with space on the top and bottom...with a little pull of detail in the upper right and lower left corner.  Nice work!  Nancy used a combination of papers and stickers from my Harvest Collection for Creative imaginations.

The title was created from one of my Silhouette digital die files called "10 things I love about you." She popped up her title using adhesive dimensional foam.   I love the shadow that it creates.
Nancy placed her top-ten list amongst leaf stickers from my Harvest collection for Creative Imaginations
Nancy's next project is a wonderful Autumn card project. I love how Nancy used a partial sticker on the border of her card...this a great trick for creating balance when you want to mirror something. In this example she mirrored the 2/3 circle that she created at the top of the tag and echoed the shaped with the cut sticker. The sticker and stripe papers are from my Harvest Collection for Creative Imaginations.  
The Stamp at the top of her tag is from my Encompassed grace set for Unity Stamp Co. The Houndstooth fabric ribbon is flannel that I designed for Alpine Fabrics (a sister company of Riley Blake.) 
This card by Nancy shows off her youthful side with an unusual and retro-feel color scheme.  I love the way this unexpected juxtaposition of colors works!  It's that kind of inspiration that made me choose Nancy to be on my Creative Team.  LOVE it!  Nancy used burnt orange houndstooth cardstock and a Thanksgiving sticker from my Harvest collection for Creative Imaginations, and other fun patterned cardstocks from her crafting stash.
Here is a close-up on those cute flowers matted on circles of the Harvest cardstock.  Brilliant!

Okay...this is such a fun layout, isn't it! With it's bright pink color scheme and hint at fashion, I think it speaks to the spirit of girls everywhere. Nancy used paper from my Ooh La La collection for Creative Imaginations. The flowers were created with my black and white houndstooth fabric that I created for Alpine Fabrics. The tag behind the word blog is a Silhouette digital die called: 3_label_frame_tag_C00887_19210  The charcoal dot paper, pink stripe paper and pink polka dot paper are from Creative Imaginations Cardstock Foundations collection. That collection is wonderful as it is a nice textured basic line that goes well with several of Creative Imaginations lines.  

Wasn't it fun getting to know Nancy's style?  I hope you go frequent her blog often...she will surely inspire you to get your creative juices flowing!


5 comments:

  1. Very nice! always so graphic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy is amazing! I love all she does!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Nancy's gorgoues creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome work - love, love, love Nancy's style!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Without your readership, I wouldn't be doing a blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...