Ads 468x60px

Friday, November 26, 2010

Introducing AJ Otto

Today I'm going to introduce you to,  creative team member, AJ Otto. You are going to love AJ. I think her style will resonate with many of you. She has a beautiful simple graphic quality to her designs. Her projects are simple, clean lined, balanced and always have a creative twist. I love that about her style! She also thinks of fantastic projects that don't always require a huge investment of time...yet they have a wonderful design quality. I know that you are going to love what she has to share.
AJ created these cute cone shaped treat holders dressed in Halloween colors!!  Don't you love those bright ruffles at the top, and the black tulle hanging out.  She used my Bones about Halloween set for Unity Stamp company to create the tags and medallions that decorate the cones. 

This treat bag idea by AJ is as simple as it is cute! She used Spellbinders labels seventeen to make a matching card and treat bag filled with candy corn- I just love the colors in it!  She says the candy corns are what inspired the color theme...see, she's so clever! She added a bit of tulle behind each green label for some texture.
I wanted to share this fun little treat pouch that AJ made...the pouch design is so clever that you will want to look at her tutorial on her website.  She made her pouch with Labels Seventeen by Spellbinders.
She used stamps from my Halloween Traditions set for Unity Stamp Company.
I thought this card by AJ was so fun with her choice of adding that bright orange accordion folded ribbon on the right side of the card...fun idea I'm sure you will want to try.  She used my Bones about Halloween stamp set and Halloween Traditions for Unity Stamp Co.
AJ designed this gorgeous Fall card with an awesome color selection. It shows a fun way to use my Fall Family Memories stamp set for Unity Stamp Co. On the first panel she stamped the smaller leaves in tea dye ink.  The second panel has the framed leaf image stamped in curry, cut out, and popped up with foam squares.  Then she stamped the circle strip stamp from the set repetitively across in rows behind the main panels.
Here is how AJ decorated her Thanksgiving table this year...now how cute is that!  She jokes that they are laid back sort of peeps- so if the fork and knife are in the wrong spot or pointing the wrong direction- she apologizes.  She wrapped the candle holders with some Kaiser Craft paper, and then created the accordion flowers with it as well.  The stamps are from my Fall Splendor and Fall Family Memories for Unity Stamp Co.
Here's a cute ornament that Aj created for her Christmas tree...which has been up for at least two weeks now. Way to jump-start the Christmas Decorating, AJ! I love the fun creative twist of using that same party cone shape that she also used for her Halloween treat cones in miniature form all the way around her ornament.  She made about 13 of them, rolled them into cone shape, and then she adhered them all to a circle on the backside first with scor-tape.  She used my Greetings of Christmas for Unity Stamp Company, and paper from my Christmas Traditions line for Creative Imaginations
She also stamped this on the flip side as well, just in case it ever twirled around.  



Here are three wonderfully simple cards that AJ made using my Retro Road trip set for Unity Stamp Co.

The circle background on the yellow birthday card was created with Spellbinders™dies (shape S4-292 beaded circles.)  I love how she kept these simple, yet they pop.  Nice, AJ, I believe that sometimes, less is more!

I know you enjoyed getting to know AJ better.  She is fun to follow as a crafter as she is always up to something.  Please check out her blog, and visit often! She has lots going on with the 4 design teams she is on.




6 comments:

  1. I just love AJ and her creative style. Love all the projects and she is one inspiring crafter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AJ totally rocks & i love what she does using your unity stamp designs. i'm a big fan and hopefully will get some under my tree this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable projects. Love her designs:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the clean, graphic style! Great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh AJ so awesome! cute and fun projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love AJ's creative style!! Such awesome projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Without your readership, I wouldn't be doing a blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...